Thai Fish Curry - 'Kaeng Pla' - แกงปลา - is a very pleasant curry dish - not too hot.
Preparation: - About 30 minutes
- 270ml can x light Coconut Cream (10 g)
- 1 tbspn x Thai Red Curry Paste (3 g)
- 1 x yellow Capsicum - cut into strips (3 g)
- 1 bunch x Broccolini, cut into 3cm lengths (1 g)
- 600g x white Fish Fillets - cut into 3cm cubes (0 g)
- 1 tspn x Fish Sauce (< 1 g)
- ½ cup x Steamed Basmati Rice (18 g)
- Lemon, or Lime wedges - to serve (< 1 g)
- ½ cup x Water
Approx: 36 gms Carbohydrate - as per Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter, by Allan Borushek.
Combine coconut cream, curry paste and ½ cup water in a saucepan on high heat. Bring to boil.
Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Add broccolini stems with fish, and simmer, covered, on low heat, for 4 minutes.
Add broccolini tops and cook, covered, for another 2 minutes, until vegetables are tender, and fish is cooked.
Stir in fish sauce, and season to taste.
Serve with steamed rice and lemon or lime wedges.