Serves: 2 people - comfortably.
- ½ x kilo Pork Ribs - chop them in two.
- 3 x Garlic Cloves - 'krathiem' or 'gratiem'
- 2 x Parsley Roots - Cilantro root - 'Raag pak chee'
- 1 x tspn Pepper - 'prik thai'
- 1 x tbsp Light Soy Sauce - 'nam si ew'
- 2 x tbsp Oyster Sauce - 'phat neua nam man hawy'
- 1 x tspn Salt - 'gleuua' - 'Sea Salt = gleuua sa moot'
- 4 x tbsps of Evaporated Milk
- 2 x Cucumbers - 'tan gua' - for accompaniment
- Canola Oil - for frying
Place the Garlic, Parsley Roots and Pepper and Salt in your Mortar and pound with the Pestle, until well-mashed. Add all other ingredients to a bowl, including the Pork Ribs, mix well, and marinate for 1 hour.
In a wok, or deep pan, bring the oil to a reasonable heat - not too hot, and fry the Ribs until a light golden brown.
* It is important to fry lightly, so as not to burn the 'coating', before the rib-meat is cooked.
Serve with sliced cucumber accompaniment, maybe some lightly flavoured rice or, maybe some Tomato.