These delightful tasties, are, essentially, a Salad-type meal. They are Spring-Rolls made without the normal frying/cooking, (although the pork mince needs to be cooked, prior to making them).
Simply done, they are an easy meal to prepare, and won't leave you feeling full, - (unless you eat as many as I do).
The finished product...
Quantity: - As desired
Preparation: - min. 30 minutes
- Some x Rice Paper Wrappers - dip briefly in a bowl of cold water, then remove excess
- 300 gms x Pork Mince
- 1 cup x Ground Peanuts
- 150 gms x Sweet Pickled Radish
- 2 x Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsn x Parsley Roots - Grind in Mortar, with the Pepper
- 1 tspn x Pepper - Grind in the Mortar with the Parsley Roots
- 1 tbsn x Canola Oil
- 3 tbsn x Sugar
*phrik nam som ...
* Salad leaves as per choice, though I would suggest Lettuce, Parsley, Bai Horapa, and Pepper Leaf - Bai Chaapluu.
Pork Mince... Put the Oil in a pan with the Garlic and fry it off, briefly. Add the Parsley and Pepper mix. When issuing a good, fragrant aroma, add the Pork Mince and cook it. When cooked, add and stir in, the Sweet Pickled Radish, Sugar and Peanuts. Briefly allow them to heat up, then remove it from the heat, and allow to cool.
Then simply, briefly, dip a Rice Wrapper in cold water, shake the excess water from it, and start to wrap your Spring-Rolls, as per Photo. Start with a little Pork Mince, wrap it a little, then a leaf of lettuce, a Pepper leaf, some Parsley, some Bai Horapa, (Sweet Asian Basil), maybe, even some more Pork Mince, then wrap fully, turning the sides in to seal the Roll. Easy!